Friday, May 05, 2006

The Competition Details: How We Did

Hi, now that I have the quick announcement out, I can give a detailed account. First, I know I promised updates throughout the day, but Microsoft would not allow access to the Internet, so I was unable to connect.

May 5th Dawns

Our student teams awoke to catch a bus to Building 42 and 43 on the Microsoft Redmond Campus. These buildings are noteworthy for housing many of Microsoft's developers. Our students quickly set up their "Science Fair" projects which consisted of posterboard and two LCD monitors from which their application could be demonstrated. A typical setup looked like this:





Here is Team 7 Degrees at their presentation booth



Team Asclepius is looking sharp



Competition Begins

Teams were split off into arbitrary "regions" such that further competition for elimiation was possible. Team PocketDoc left first and did very well. Team Asclepius followed soon thereafter and gave a stellar performance. Despite a few problems related to the lack of Internet connectivity in the building, Team 7 Degrees went last. I assume our students did as well as I am indicating as I actually was not given the privilege of attending their elimination presentations - Microsoft felt my presence would be a distraction. However, Tina, Manoj and I were able to attend the science fair demonstrations.

Team 7 Degrees show off their stuff



More to follow...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very proud of our students! All three groups into the nationals! And, for the second year, NATIONAL CHAMPS! Outstanding work. The members of all three teams should be very proud of their accomplishments, as should Jeff Babb for his critical leadership in these efforts! Congratulations to all! And, extra special congratulations to our national champions!

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OUTSTANDING!!! WELL DESERVED CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go team!!!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home